VACANCY DETAIL – CLASS TEACHER (Full-time, commencing August 2021)
At Discovery Mind, we believe that education plays a fundamental role in shaping the next generation of well-rounded, emotionally healthy individuals. We believe in cultivating enduring human values and time-tested life skills. We want to prepare our children to be forward thinkers in an ever changing and increasing borderless world.
Discovery Mind Primary School is a small, forward-thinking, dynamic school on Lantau Island in Hong Kong. We offer education across 2 campuses from 6 years to 11 years, providing a curriculum adapted from the best practices around the world. Our small class sizes (max. 22 students) enable us to focus on individual needs and ensure that all students are given the opportunity to learn in a way that best suits them. Our school campuses are in Tung Chung and Discovery Bay, serving the Lantau Island community and with good transport links to both.
As a school, DMPS will offer:
- a competitive salary aligned with similar schools in Hong Kong
- a commitment to regular Professional Development opportunities
a responsibility for and support in the wellbeing of all staff
- a high level of autonomy over timetable, teaching and assessment practice
- one-year full time employment contracts
Visit our website: www.discoverymind.edu.hk
We are now seeking experienced classroom educators to join our team.
Class Teacher (Full-time, commencing August 2021)
We are looking for educators who:
- are experienced (minimum 2 years) practitioners, with a passion for education and life-long learning;
- have experience in teaching and learning through diverse educational practices, including inquiry-based learning;
- demonstrate an ability to develop creative learning opportunities within the classroom and beyond;
- are committed to being part of a passionate team of educators;
- understand the importance of a balance between a child’s wellbeing and academic achievement;
- have experienced working with additional learning needs or English as an additional language;
- believe in Positive Behaviour strategies and have used them successfully.
- Relevant degree holder and/ or a recognized teaching certificate (B.Ed, PGDE, PGCE).
- Native English speaker.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the pastoral care and wellbeing of children.
- Ideally experienced in working in international school settings.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children so thorough background checks will be conducted for all successful applicants.
Enquiries may be emailed to email@example.com
Applications should be made by sending a CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. All information will only be used for recruitment related purpose.