In the event of a T1 signal or above or heavy rain (amber / red / black signal) being in force parents should take one of the following steps:
1. Listen to RTHK radio station (AM 567 or FM 92.6 – 94.4) – this is a government station which will broadcast closure of schools.
2. Log into Education Bureau website www.edb.gov.hk
3. Check local and English language TV channels – information may be delayed on English language channels.
4. Log into our school website www.discoverymind.edu.hk
5. Phone school (Tel. No. 2987 8088 Discovery Bay / 2987 8070 Tung Chung) at 8 a.m. for confirmation of any closure (listen to the telephone announcement).
According to the Education Bureau’s guideline, school will be closed when a typhoon 3 signal or above, or red / black storm signal is hoisted (please note that there might be a special announcement from EDB).
To ensure the student’s safety, if a typhoon 3 signal or above, or red / black storm signal is hoisted during school hours, school will assess the conditions of weather and provide school bus service only under safe conditions. School has the right to suspend the school bus service if the weather is so severe as to affect the school bus. School staff will take care of the children until parents or guardians are able to collect their children from school.
There will be no school if a Red or Black Rainstorm warning is issued before 9:00am. If issued during the morning session, classes will continue until the normal time. If issued at or before 1:00pm, afternoon classes will be cancelled. If issued during the afternoon session, classes will continue until the normal time.